Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

itty bitty


Earlier this week I whipped up a pair of itty bitty baby shoes for a friend who is having a baby girl in June. I've been wanting to try some for a while, but I didn't have an excuse until this week when I realized I am missing her baby shower in May! Darn!
I used an old soft leather, mustard yellow purse that had seen better days and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, especially for my first time.
I looked at the Starbust pattern that most bloggers seem to love, but I needed a little bit more guidance so instead I used this tutorial. I think they are basically the same shoe though.
Can't wait to see them on the baby!

5 comments:

Candice said...

Those are precious, Kate! Great job! Your sewing skills are getting so awesome :-)

Twisted Cinderella said...

Those are wonderful! Great job!

Margaret said...

Those are so cute!!!!

Rachel said...

WOW! great job Kate! Love them! You'll have to teach me!

Elisse Carma said...

yay i'm so excited to use them!