Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

this is halloween, halloween, halloween

Wow, I can't believe that October is over already!! It's my favorite month and it feels like it just flies by every year.
Here in Utah, we've had a very, very warm Halloween--it was like 75 degrees today! Kind of weird during the day, but it was nice for trick-or-treating. Much better than the year that it poured all day long and was only in the 30s.


Tempe absolutely loved carving pumpkins. She couldn't get enough of the gushy stuff!


Juno was good at scooping guts out, too!


Tempe and Helena pumpkin bowling at Grandma Jan's annual Halloween party.



I also came up with a game for the party--I call it Skele-Tale. I took apart a plastic skeleton and traced it onto a piece of butcher paper, then numbered each bone. The numbers corresponded to stories in our collection of Halloween picture books. The girls took turns choosing a bone and putting the skeleton together and I read the corresponding story.


Halloween breakfast--pancake ghosts! I used chocolate chips for the eyes and marshmallows for the mouths. The marshmallows melt and make it look like the mouth is open and screaming.


Juno got into the makeup crayons while I was doing Helena's hair today (I did the brown freckles on her face, she did everything else).

 Trick-or-treat! Jason is Harry Potter, I'm a pirate, Tempe is a black cat, Helena is Wendy (as in, Wendy Thomas--from the fast food restaurant), and Juno is a cowgirl.

One of our neighbors dressed up as Lucious Malfoy so I had to take a picture of him and Harry.


Ok, two of our neighbors had the scariest costumes I have ever seen in my life. They were both on stilts and about 10 feet tall and they were prowling around another neighbor's completely decked out house. Several of the kids trick-or-treating left that house in tears, but my kids actually hugged them and posed for a picture. Um, I think I have desensitized them. Whoops.
Happy Halloween!!
PS Now that I am all caught up on The Walking Dead, I have to wait a whole week in between my zombie fix! What the heck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They were both on stilts and about 10 feet tall and they were prowling around another neighbor's completely decked out house.

Thank You for Sharing.


Polystick