Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

that time of year again!!

School is almost out and you're probably wondering what to do with your kids all summer.
One thing you can add to your list is Bookworms, our mom-and-me summer book club! If you are in my area, you are more than welcome to join our neighborhood in this fun summer activity. If you're not local, start your own chapter! The goal is to keep kids reading all summer long, while having some fun along the way!


Our first activity this year will be a really fun Ramona themed party where we will discuss the first chapter of "Beezus and Ramona" (it's a long chapter and all the chapters in this book are stand alone stories so it works out perfectly). And when I say "discuss", I don't mean sit in a circle and talk about the book--I mean play games, do activities, and eat food from the book! At this activity, we're also going to decide what to read for the rest of the summer (we meet again in July and August) so come with ideas.
I hope to see LOTS of you there, ready to read!

No comments: