Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Fill that freezer!!

I am at that point in my pregnancy (37 weeks!) where the nesting is really kicking into gear because I know baby could be here at any time! I find that I have energy bursts where I get a ton done--and then I crash. So if I start feeling a little bit of extra energy, I jump on it and do as much as I can. I've been trying to do meal prep every day to fill my freezer for after the baby comes. 


Today I made bacon and egg biscuit sandwiches for breakfasts. Mmmm, the biscuits were so big and fluffy, I had to really restrain myself! The only other breakfast foods I have in the freezer are waffles--any other ideas? We eat a lot of quick-cooking oatmeal, toast, and granola for breakfast, but I'm trying to add a little more protein. 


So far, I've got a ton of ham-and-cheese rolls (think homemade hot pockets), taquitos, make your own pizza kits, cornbread muffins, crescent rolls, lasagna rolls, and three kinds of soup. Still on the list is chili and ???? I need to think of just a few more meal ideas to have in there ready to go so I don't have to worry too much about food in the first few weeks.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Enchiladas are one of my favorites to freeze and save. My mom made us a delicious baked ziti casserole the other day! How would a quiche or frittata freeze? Might be a good protein boost for breakfast. Exciting stuff :)

Crystal and Tim said...

Sweet potato and black bean burritos