Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

D.I. Christmas finds

I posted about my love of D.I. and spraypaint a few days ago. Well, here are some of the things that inspired that post!

I found this chapel birdhouse. It reminded me more of a haunted house in its original color scheme.

But an entire can of white spraypaint later (yeah, it takes a lot of white to cover burgundy if you don't prime), it became a crisp, clean Christmas chapel. I left the roof black but very lightly sprayed some white on it to make it look like a dusting of snow.

Seriously ugly, right?

ooh la la! Now my reindeer is the perfect place to stash our Christmas movie and book collection.

Of course, Helena has another idea of what it is for...

3 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

Oh I would have physically fought you for that reindeer!! My Mom had one when I was growing up, so seeing it is leaving so many memories! Let me know if you find another one - I'll steal it from ya!!
I love the white paint!

Christie said...

So cute! You're a genius, Kate.

The Colvins said...

So cute!! I need you to go to DI with me and show me how to make ugly things cute!