Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Juno's party: {the food}

I served carnival inspired finger foods, cupcakes, and lime water. Simple, easy, and delicious.

Pigs in a blanket: canned crescent roll dough wrapped around cocktail sausages

Homemade soft pretzel bites: I used this pretzel dough recipe, sans hot dogs, and just rolled them into balls instead of twisting into pretzels. Served with honey mustard dipping sauce.

Caramel apple slices: Instead of serving apple slices with caramel dip, I made several caramel apples and used my apple corer/slicer to slice them.

Chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels: I covered PB Ritz Bits in melted chocolate and let them set up. Mmmmm....


The green serving thing is from DI. It didn't come with the plates/dishes that go in it, so I bought some old tin pie plates and glued them in place.
I carnivalized my glass cake stand with a scrapbook paper pennant banner. The cupcakes are Funfetti with Funfetti frosting--best frosting ever. I made the cupcake toppers by printing out a black and white picture of Juno and cutting carefully around her face. Then I glued a scrapbook paper triangle on her head, added a tissue paper pompom at the top and some trim along the bottom, and then glued everything onto popsicle sticks. The other cupcake toppers are simple pennants made from the same paper as the banner and the hats.

Still can't believe she's one!!!

No comments: