Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Popcorn roundup!

We're big fans of popcorn at our house. It's easy to make, it's cheap, and my girls love it. Nothing is more exciting to them than having "family movie night" and sharing a big ol' bowl of popcorn.

But sometimes the occasion calls for more than just a bag of popcorn popped in the microwave. In that case, you should try a popcorn popper or popcorn machine for something a little different. I love air popped popcorn and it's so fun to watch. And how fun would a movie theater stye popcorn machine be in a home theater room??

Or maybe try a special recipe... your taste buds will thank you!



  • Cinnamon sugar popcorn: melt butter and pour over popcorn, and then toss in cinnamon sugar. This is ooey-gooey and messy, so beware :)


  • Peanut butter popcorn: melt PB and butter (I just eyeball it) and toss over popped popcorn. This is even ooey-gooier and messier, but soooo good!


  • Cinnamon bear popcorn: Cinnamon bears. Mini marshmallows. Sugary sweet syrup holding it all together. Mmmmmm....


  • Cinnamon bun popcorn: Basically, a really great caramel corn drizzed with white chocolate. It doesn't sound so fantastic, but it is. It is.


  • Loaded baked kettle corn: The perfect combo of salty and sweet.


  • Maple bacon kettle corn: Ok, Jason and I really like bacon in our sweet stuff (like bacon chocolate chip cookies) but I know not everyone does. But come on, doesn't this look amazing??
    I'm always on the lookout for new popcorn recipes to try, so if you have a good one, you know what to do!
    I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog for popcorn poppersand was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We eat a ton of popcorn at our house, but my husband's a big believer that popcorn should never be sweet. But somehow when I make caramel corn he eats a ton of it.

Anyway, this is kind of random, but I just saw some Alice in Wonderland signs on Pinterest and thought of you, cause aren't you doing something like that in your back yard for your girls? I was going to tag you on it but since I'm just a stalker of your blog, I don't "know" you on Pinterest. (Maggie Jordan is the person we have in common, btw.) Anyway, look of it on there if you haven't seen it!