Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Portrait of a five-year-old

My Tempe is the most heartbreakingly beautiful little girl in the world.
I know, I know, we all say that about our kids. But isn't it true--aren't five-year-olds the most beautiful kids ever?
Right now, Tempe has a scraped chin and a scraped knee, dozens of bruises on her shins, and her very first loose tooth. She was so excited today when she was eating an apple and discovered one of her front bottom teeth was wiggling. She's been telling people about it all day.
It seems like just yesterday that I was holding a squirmy little Tempe in my arms and I noticed her very first tooth in her gummy little mouth. She'll be six in September, starting kindergarten and really growing up. 
I can't wait to see her with a gap-toothed grin!

2 comments:

Stephens Family said...

Yep, aren't 5-year-olds the best? I think it's the best age ever! And Tempe is such a cutie - I love the freckles sprinkled over her nose and cheeks! : )

Sarah said...

This post makes me happy and sad at the same time.