Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

bring it on

I'm not a huge New Year's resolution maker. I generally don't sit down at the beginning of the year and make a list of things I want to change or goals I want to meet. There are many things I am working on throughout the year, and those things are always changing and evolving as I improve.
I do, however, have a few things I am planning on focusing this year.
I want to focus more on my kids and enjoying them and less on "projects". 
I feel like over the last few years I have gotten to the point where I only do things if I feel like it will be a good blog post--I don't want to be like that anymore. No more! Along with this, I really want to be better at taking pictures of my kids and actually having them printed and displayed. The pictures in my house are sadly outdated!! 
I want to become a better household manager this year.
That includes a lot of stuff. I feel like I'm pretty good at most of it already, but there's always room for improvement. I want to be better at keeping the house clean (deep cleaned, not just surface clean), managing our budget, and really staying on top of the clutter that comes from three young kids. We have a small house and I don't have the room to be unorganized!
I want to have regular, well-planned, meaningful family home evenings. 
We have FHE every week, but it's almost always Jason or I frantically throwing together a scripture and short spiritual thought after dinner. Last year we made a family goal to read the scriptures every single day (we missed about 15 days). This year I hope to have a meaningful FHE lesson every single week.
I want to be grateful for what I have.
I love my life, I love my house, but everyone feels envious once in a while. Tempe gave me some very astute advice the other day when we were driving past my favorite house (which is currently for sale) and I was wishing we could buy it. She said, "Mom, it is not good to compare. Their house is good for them and our house is good for us."
I want to have more faith in Heavenly Father's plan for me.
Silly human that I am, I have my own idea of what is good or right for my family and I'm always just so sure that my way is the right way. Sometimes it is so hard for me to let go and just trust that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and my family and that His plan is right.
So, 2013. Bring it on. I'm ready for you!

No comments: