Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Neighborhood field trip: International Peace Gardens + afternoon art projects

I set up a little field trip schedule for my family for the summer and we've been inviting everyone in our neighborhood. We do a little outing--usually free or very, very cheap--every week. This week we went to the International Peace Gardens (yep, again, my family seems to go there a lot) and three other moms and their kids joined us.



Also, the girls always want to do art projects and I am really not good at it, but I'm making an effort this summer. This week we made sidewalk paint (equal parts cornstarch and water + food coloring). It was really fun to splatter paint with it. Next time I make it, I'm going to get those water shooters from the dollar store to spray the driveway (or maybe each other!)



No comments: