Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

April goodness!!

Make your own pizza night
We have make your own pizza night every Friday night, but at the beginning of April, we did it a little differently! Papa Murphy's was doing a book drive and for every 5  books donated, you could get a free "Mini Murph" pizza kit. We rounded up 15 books to donate and each of the girls got their own kit. It was a fun way to change things up!





Eagle Bay
We live near a wetlands/wildlife preserve and one afternoon after school we went to play in the museums and walk around the preserve with our binoculars :)





Great Granny's grave
My grandmother passed away in October, and though she lived in California, she was buried in Salt Lake. A few weeks ago, we met up with some of my cousins at her grave. It was a very blustery, cold day, so we didn't stay long, but it was fun to get together! We want to do it again when it's warmer and nice weather.



Reading time
Two of my favorite bookworms!


Pearl Diana
Obviously, the birth of Pearl was a huge, huge, huge event for us in April!! It still blows my mind that she is here already. We just love her so much. It's amazing to me to think that two weeks ago, she was still inside of me, wriggling around. I was so anxious to have her and I'm so glad she's here now, but I also love thinking back to those last few days before she was born: the anticipation, the sweet last moments of a family of five, then the excitement and joy I felt when I realized I was really in labor. I am so grateful that my labor went how it did. It honestly was exactly what I had been hoping for. I know that even if nothing goes "wrong", things usually don't go exactly how you plan in childbirth. Pearl's my last baby, and I would have been disappointed if I hadn't had a good labor experience, so I love how everything worked out!





Cousin love
Polly and her cousin Cutler!! 


No comments: