Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

I miss my blog!!!!!!

I have really dropped off the blogosphere after getting a smartphone a few months ago. I'm loving Instagram (follow me @younghipstercoolgirl) but I miss sharing my thoughts and keeping a record of my life on my blog. Part of the problem is that I'm still not sure the best way to get pictures from my phone to my blog, and I've stopped using an actual camera now that my phone takes such good quality pictures (btw, it's a Windows phone, so a lot of the Android/iphone apps won't work. I've tried just plugging it in to the computer, but it's still not working right. Anyone have a Windows phone out there??? This is my ONLY complaint, otherwise I LOVE my new phone!)
So the thing that has been on my mind a lot lately is envy. I have found myself slipping into the pit of envy. No details necessary, just the fact that I've found myself wondering "Why them! Why not me!" way too much lately. I'm trying so hard to change my attitude from envy to gratitude. I am a firm believer in feeling rich vs feeling poor, and I usually do a great job, but everyone slips once in a while. Right now I am struggling with a "poor" attitude. I know that people can feel "poor" no matter what their income is, just like people can feel "rich" at any income--it's all about attitude! My kids recently asked me if we know anyone who is rich, and I told them that anyone who lives in America is rich (for real, by the standards of much of the world, we are rich beyond imagining!) 


Whenever I start feeling envious, I go outside and stand on the sidewalk and look at my pretty little home. It's far from fancy, far from large, but it is so happy and filled to bursting with healthy, bouncy, beautiful kids. It was a dream come true when we bought this house, and even if we could afford something larger, I don't know if I would have the heart to leave it yet!

1 comment:

Claire said...

This is very true!! Also, one thing you can do if you're specifically wanting to get the pics you put on instagram - when you go to post on Instagram it gives you the options of also posting to Facebook, Twitter, etc...and Flickr is one of those options. If you start a Flickr account then you can post your instagram and really any of the pics on your phone to your own Flickr account and then get them from there when you're on your comp!