Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Live to give

We started a new Christmas tradition this year and I am so, so excited about it. I really want to teach my kids to think about others before themselves--honestly, they do that naturally, so now is the perfect time to capitalize on it. We've done quite a few smaller acts of service this year, but our big thing was a bake sale to benefit Quarters for Christmas.


We spent several weeks planning what to serve, advertising on Facebook, and making posters, all during the beautiful golden warm afternoons we had in December. The day of the bake sale was cold and rainy, but we set up on the front steps and raised quite a bit of money in two hours. We even have a nice neighbor who offered to match everything we raised! I am so proud of my sweet daughters who have such a giving nature and that we were able to have a successful fundraiser.

No comments: