Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

it made me want to cry

Yesterday was a crummy day.  I hurt my back getting Lena out of the car, and could barely walk for the rest of the day. Tempe broke my glasses. Tempe also did this when she woke up in the morning, and again during her nap:

She learned how to open her closet door a few weeks ago and has been doing this regularly ever since. The first time she did it, I thought it was sort of funny. The second time she did it, I rolled my eyes and reminded myself that she is a 2 1/2 year old. After that, it got old real fast. I am so sick of cleaning up every item of clothing and toy she owns. So I put one of these on her doorknob:


But she still figured it out. She can't open her bedroom door with one on the doorknob, but somehow she can still open her closet door.


So this is what Jason did last night. She better not yank it out of the door trying to get it open. If I see that mess again, I will scream. Loudly.
Look, I know it could be worse. My neices got into food coloring just the other day and spilled it alllll over their kitchen floor, counters, and chairs. At least Tempe didn't destroy or ruin anything. But still. 

3 comments:

first lady said...

oohhhh those messes. make her clean up before night time and nap !!! i got all of my kiddos to do that and i am making ayden(the little one i am watching) clean up ... he destroy everything just like the picture... but it has taking a month but he knows the routine, he has to pick up .... every time thou he looks at me like am crazy.... :) good luck but my kids know the routine every night ... perfect 1 and 2 yrs old chores :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Kate I'm sorry you had a bad day. That's gotta be so frustrating!

Jenni said...

I know how you feel! Oh and BTW- I LOVE your header! I'd love to get one like yours! Do you think your friend would do one for me?