Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

throwback to {2008}


Wow. Would you look at those two?
Helena was one week old, Tempe was 19 months. Jason had four weeks left in his law school career. I was a zombie consumed with packing, leaving things on my patio for people from FreeCycle to take, and sleeping on the couch with a screaming baby.
Now Tempe is almost three and Helena is almost as old as Tempe was when she became a big sister for the first time. Yikes. What was I thinking?
If Tempe could replace me as Helena's mother, I think she would. She loves to hold her sister's hand and drag her around the house. She's pretty bossy, but all moms are. She takes such good care of her--most of the time.
Helena loves being one of the big kids now. She follows Tempe around shrieking all day long. They are such good friends.
i love them.

4 comments:

danielle said...

That makes me so happy! rach & i are 16 months apart & best friends. i wish everyone had a sister a year apart from them. they are lucky girls. but, p.s. when rach and i were about 9-11 years old, we fought a lot. it was just a stage though. Once we were in high school we were fine again! Cute post!

Rachel said...

Oh! I love that picture- and that's how I remember them right before you left Laramie. Crazy how fast time flies! Jeff is now in his last year of law school and I don't even want to think about moving and packing yet... yuck. We miss you and now that they put me as the Enrichment counselor I need your Enrichment skills since you were so good at that:)

I'm glad that you guys are doing well and you're enjoying your little girls. I love seeing the pictures of them as they grow.

Jen said...

I love those girls too. There is a little girl in our new ward here that reminds me so much of Tempe. Even Curtis thinks she looks like her.

Oh, and congrats on being featured on ucreate...little miss craftly! All your crafting projects are super cute.

Jen said...

craftly?? seriously.

You know I meant little miss crafty, right?

How are you guys doing anyway?