Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Silly Moose

It's no secret to most people who know Tempe that her favorite animal is moose.
She has a stuffed moose that her Grandpa Canyon gave her when she was a baby that she loves so much and her collection has grown to include quite a few stuffed moose and books about moose, too!
So when we started planning her sixth birthday party, she immediately said she wanted a moose party.
I admit, I tried to sway her because I had no idea what we would do at a moose party.
We were looking at party ideas online when we saw a "silly" party on Family Fun. Tempe loved that idea, too, so we decided to combine them and we came up with a Silly Moose party!


I asked all the kids to dress in silly costume, but provided a big basket full of silly props from our dress up collection for any kids that didn't wear their own. 


Party activities and games included a silly string fight, freeze tag, our bubble machine, and making silly putty/gak. I also brought out all of Tempe's moose books for kids to look at on our swing bench if they needed a break.


One of Tempe's many favorite stuffed moose wearing googly eyes.


We gave out mustache glasses and googly eyes as party favors. Tempe wrote the "Thanks" on our "Thanks for coming!" sign all by herself!


I know mustaches are all over the place, but I had to use my mustache mold to make blue mustaches for the kids to eat.


This was the best part of the party: the silly cupcakes! I made spaghetti and meatball, mashed potatoes with butter and gravy, peas and carrots, and corn on the cob (with butter!) cupcakes. I love how they turned out, especially the spaghetti and meatballs one! 


All the party guests with their blue mustaches. It was a great party and Tempe had so much fun!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I've always wanted to make those "silly" cupcakes but knew I would never get them to actually look like food...yours totally do! I'm amazed :)

Stephens Family said...

Soooo cute! Kasidee said she had a blast! What a fun birthday party idea!