Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Jiggly, giggly after school fun!

Now that I have a sweet little baby in my belly, I have been really slacking on doing fun stuff with my kids! October is usually filled with fall baking projects, beautiful field trips, and lots of outdoor fun, but this month has been rough on us. But this week I was able to pull myself together and put together a fun little monster-themed snack and activity for my kids.
I try to have a special after school snack for my kids every day--it's not always something really fancy or special, but it gives us a chance to sit down together and talk about our day. It's a tradition I love dearly and hope the girls will appreciate as they grow older!



This little monster themed snack starts out with good ol' JELL-O. You can't really go wrong with flavors, but I decided to use Lime and Grape. I loved all of the Halloween recipes on Jello.com (like the creepy but oh-so-sweet Creepy Crawly JIGGLERS) but I have a huge pack of candy eyeballs that I really wanted to incorporate, so I decided to make spiky monster JIGGLERS instead. I did one layer of Lime JELL-O, let it set up, and then added a layer of Grape JELL-O. When it was set, I used a spiky cookie cutter to cut out JIGGLERS and added a bunch of little eyeballs. The monster plate was the perfect touch!


Yum, yum! They dug right in!


To go with our after school snack, I printed out some mix and match monsters to make flip books. So fun! Tempe, Helena, and Juno all loved creating different monsters on each page of their books.


Speaking of monsters, why is Juno suddenly waking up at 6 am and not taking a nap??
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments: