Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October goodness

I love October.
It's the most perfect month of the year.


Today I made this spiral apple bread for Halloween breakfast but I am not sure it will make it that long. I can't even tell you how delicious my house smells right now! I made my favorite basic roll dough, rolled it out into a rectangle, and cut it into 1 inch strips. Then I "spiraled" the strips of dough and apple slices into a pan and let it rise until nice and fat and baked it for about 30 minutes. I brushed it all over with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and then stuck it under the broiler to caramelize the sugar. The last step is an apple cider glaze. How can this not be the most delicious thing ever made??



Last Saturday my siblings came over to help us finish painting our deck. I really could have done it myself (it was just touching up between cracks, in knotholes, etc) but it only took 15 minutes with seven of us working! After, we went out to an early dinner at Parkstone (thanks Mom and Dad!) and then went for a walk on the Lagoon Trail. It was such a spectacular day and we passed at least 10 families/groups doing photo shoots. We had to wait at the end of the bridge until people were done with their pictures and would wave us across.


Before the deck painting/Parkstone dinner/Lagoon walk, we went to my mother in law's annual family Halloween party. The girls had a great time, as always, and had fun trying out their Halloween costumes! Tempe and Helena are rock stars, if you can't tell.


We really like the Lagoon Trail--we went for a walk/scooter ride with our cousins during UEA a few weeks ago. 


We have the best little pumpkin patch near our house where we go every year to pick out our pumpkins!
Not to mention BYU football games, playing at the park on golden afternoons, neighborhood outdoor movie nights, decorating for Halloween, and spooky storytelling! October rocks!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Such a cute family! And yes, October is wonderful!!

Claire said...

I think you need to post your dough recipe like....pronto. And I may be birthday-biased but October really is the best :)