Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

One month of Pearl!


Sweet baby Pearl turned one month old today!
I can't believe how quickly this month has passed. Darn it, Polly, please stop growing up and stay my little baby!
She has finally "woken up" and has some alert time during the day. She's almost always very pleasant, but sometimes she needs a little help feeling good--that's ok with me, I love holding my babe and so do her three big sisters! There is no shortage of helpers at our house. I don't mean to derail this post and talk about my big girls instead of Pearl, but I am so grateful for how willingly they get diapers, wipes, burp cloths, new clothes, blankets, etc whenever I ask them to.
Pearl has been making eye contact and smiling for several weeks already. I know that technically she's too young to be doing deliberate smiles, but when she makes eye contact while smiling, it makes you wonder!
She spits up a lot. Like, a lot. It doesn't seem to really bother her (unless she also has a burp that she can't get out) so I guess she's just a "happy spitter". She's also very, very gassy, but not bothered by that either.
As far as sleeping goes, I've definitely had worse! In fact, she's probably my best sleeper. She naps in her crib during the day without much trouble (most naps), but at night she just wants to be with Mommy. I don't love having her in bed with me, but it sure beats getting out of bed every hour, so I put up with it. Besides, I know it is temporary.
Now that I'm on my fourth baby, I'm so much more relaxed about everything. I don't worry about making sure she learns how to sleep in her bed or on a schedule; I'm just concentrating on enjoying her and remembering that all things will pass and eventually, she'll sleep through the night in her own bed and I'll miss our midnight cuddles. 
New(er) moms, take it from me, please, just enjoy your babies and don't worry about doing things "right"!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying every minute of her! Thanks for the advice :)