Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Christmas prep

Yes, right now it's only September {love}, but it really will be December before you know it! I need to have all my Christmas prep done by Halloween this year--believe me, I do not want to be waddling around the stores when I am 9 months pregnant, nor do I want to go out days after giving birth to finish my shopping.
Hopefully these little Black Apple dolls will brighten my girls' Christmas morning!

My mother-in-law was nice enough to embroider their faces for me so I didn't have to paint them {gulp}. Making the itty-bitty arms with stiff canvas was torture, but beyond that, these were sooooo easy and I think they turned out really well!
The blond doll will be Helena's--she loves wearing her "pocket dress" and putting her hands in her pockets, so I gave her doll two little pockets on the front of her dress. The brunette will be Tempe's--she is starting "ballerina class" in a few weeks!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The dolls are so cute! The girls will love them.

Margaret said...

Those are adorable! They have such personality. And way to go, Jan, on the faces. :)