Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

summer eatin'

Now that it's summer, all I ever want to eat is salads. I haven't bought salad dressing in a while--instead, I make dressing. It's so quick and easy and you can customize your dressings. So here are my two go-to salad dressings!

Honey Balsamic Dressing
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 small onion, chopped
1 T soy sauce
3 T honey
1 T white sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup olive oil

1. Blend vinegar, onion, soy sauce, honey, sugar, and garlic in a blender until smooth; slowly add the oil in a steady stream and blend until thickened. Refrigerate several hours before use. This is soooo good on a green salad with artichoke hearts and craisins, or drizzled over strawberries with feta cheese. Even my KIDS love it with strawberries and feta cheese!

I'm not going to bother posting this recipe, so just go to the post and read about it yourself. I love ground mustard and garlic vinaigrette on a green salad with cherry tomatoes and cucumber. It is sooo yummy! I always make a green salad with this dressing when I make ham and cheese stuffed dinner rolls and then I can dip my roll in the dressing. YUM!

No comments: