Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

now I have an excuse

Yesterday I went to the eye doctor for the first time in... hmm.... I think the last time I went was my freshman year at BYU when I had to borrow Josh McDaniel's car since I didn't have one; but after I borrowed it and started driving, I realized the eye doctor's office was like, one block away from Helman Halls. Anyway, that was five years ago. So it's been a long time.
I've been having very, very frequent headaches (read: every day for the last few months) and when I realized I was down to my last box of contacts, I decided I would have to shell out the money to go to the eye doctor. And the verdict? I am now legally blind. I was wearing -6.50 in both eyes, and the doctor was astounded that I could see anything at all. My new prescription? Well, -7.75, but contacts go by half steps after -5.00, so I have to settle for a     -7.50. Hopefully my headaches will go away now--I think I was getting them so frequently from straining my eyes constantly. 
This week? The dentist. Yeah, that will be fun. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahaha ohhh my goodness Kate. That's awful!!! But I hope this does fix your headaches.

Rachel said...

omg Kate! I'm legally blonde, i mean blind too! I'm the same exact story, -7.500 in one and -7.75 in the other and yeah down to -7.500 in both eyeballs for contacts!
and perfect description of your last eye appt that's so funny

Jen said...

Wow, -7.75...that's crazy. I guess I will stop complaining of my -1.50 blindness. :-)

Good luck at the dentist!

Margaret said...

Wow! Hope this helps the headache situation! And have fun at the dentist. Who knows what might be in store for you there!!