Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

wanna help plan a party?

I know Tempe's birthday is not for another three months, and I know that seems really far away, but I can't help myself. I just love planning parties, especially birthday parties for my little girl. She will be three! Wow!
So here is the theme I have decided on (today at least--it might change. But I am pretty sure this is it):
Pink Flamingo.
How fun is that?
I will encourage everyone to dress in pink or lime green (there will be as many boys at the party as girls). Maybe I will invest in a string of pink flamingo lights that I can string up somewhere, and I guess I should get a few flamingo lawn ornaments to set the mood :) We will color pictures of flamingos, play flamingo ring toss, and read a children's book about flamingos. As for food, it will all be pink, of course! Pink punch and pink lemonade cupcakes (just reading that makes your mouth water, doesn't it?) The goody bags will have seashells, pink and green jelly beans, and pink flamingo lollipops, courtesy Oriental Trading Co.
But so far, that's all I've got. Any other ideas of fun flamingo activities, foods, or goody bag items?

6 comments:

Candice said...

I just want to be the first to say that my mouth *did* water over the pink lemonade cupcakes!

Do you overnight to SC? :-)

danielle said...

that's such a cute idea!! when i read "pink lollipops" in the goody bag, at first i thought it said, "pink laptops." I was like HOLY COW! haha. I would ask my sister for more ideas. She's moving into a house this year that's hot pink & it's called the "flamingo house." She could really hook you up with more ideas i'm sure :)

The Hiller Family said...

I think you are set! I have no suggestions because I'm so impressed with what you've already got! That right there will be one fun party!

Anonymous said...

You are a mastermind with parties, Kate. I'll let you know if I think of anything, but really I think you've got it in the bag.

Jonny said...

What a cute idea! I love it! Oh and I am so sorry you're sick! I hope you get better soon so we can see you again! -Rach

Katie Allen said...

I don't know if you've already picked out a birthday outfit for her... but I know that recently Gymboree had a pink flamingo line that should be at the outlet by now. or maybe you could find it on Ebay..... that way her outfit would go with the theme