Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Christmas in July

Remember this post about my goal to do a homemade Christmas this year? Well, I combined that goal with my goal of getting all my Christmas gift preparation done in July this year.
Yeah. I know that's a little ambitious. So I changed it to getting the bulk of my Christmas presents for the girls done this month, and guess what, I did it! I might make some more things (for their stockings and dress-up box) but at this point, I feel like I am ready for Christmas. Well. For my kids. But not in any other way.

Here is Tempe's crazy rainbow wand.

A set of six doll diapers for Helena. I might buy her a new doll to go with them.

Can you guess which shirt belongs to which girl?

Another purchase--pots and pans from Ikea for Tempe. I still need to find a set of cooking utensils for Helena.

A family memory game for Tempe.

I'm not too happy with how this turned out--specifically that the fish look like whales. It seems wrong to let Lena fish for whales. But, Tempe played with it while I was cleaning up, and she loved it, so I guess it doesn't matter how it looks.

Crayon rolls for Tempe and Helena, and one for their cousin Libby's birthday this week.

And now for my crowning achievement in crafting. I can't claim credit for this myself, because I saw the idea on this blog and copied it shamelessly. But I am happy with how it turned out.
I took this...

... to this!


As usual, it is not perfect. But, remember, I am embracing my imperfection! I made a kitchen for Tempe and Helena! I made it myself! And it cost me less than $30.

8 comments:

Candice said...

Kate, oh my goodness, that kitchen is THE BEST!!!!!

Congrats on doing such a great job with the gifts--I am certain the girls will LOVE them!!!!

robinly said...

Freak! You are AMAZING! Truth.

The Hiller Family said...

The little kitchen is perfect!! So amazing! You have some hidden talents!! :)

Katie Allen said...

You are amazing!!!! There is no way troy would let me get away with making ian a kitchen or I would so copy you !! I'm so glad i got to see the crayon rolls because I honestly had no idea what you were talking about. Your girls are so lucky to have such a great mom

Jane said...

I love it! Isn't the best taking trash to treasure!

Denise Faulkner said...

WOW!

Nicole said...

i just checked out your kitchen again, and LOVE IT! check my blog again because i think with all of my entries, you won.

Biteofpunkinpie said...

I love the way your kitchen turned out! I'm trying to purchase a similar tv stand off of Craigslist to make one of these kitchens for my daughters. I was wondering how you built the lower half w/ one side being an 'oven' and the other side being a shelf??? Did you take the extra door and make it into a divider down the middle?
Thanks!