Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

oh what do you do in the summertime?

here's what we do:
There's a lovely place at the park near our house. There is a huge, flat rock in the middle of the creek, and on either side of it are wide, shallow pools, perfect for wading on a hot summer day. Tempe, Helena, and I spent the afternoon there last week and it was a perfect day. Sitting on the grassy bank with my girls, I thought about how wonderful my life is. I have everything. There is no reason for me to ever be unhappy, because I have everything I've ever wanted. I love my family so much and I'm so grateful for afternoons just like the one we spent at the creek together.


4 comments:

Sojo Varughese said...

nice way to spend summertime:)

Margaret said...

This is awesome! You do have such a sweet little family! :)

toby and amy said...

You're right, we should all count our blessings everyday!!

Lisa said...

The best days of my life were the times we spent hiking Stone Mountain. Every family needs a "nature's get-away" and I'm glad you found yours.