Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

oh what do you do in the summertime?

here's what we do:
There's a lovely place at the park near our house. There is a huge, flat rock in the middle of the creek, and on either side of it are wide, shallow pools, perfect for wading on a hot summer day. Tempe, Helena, and I spent the afternoon there last week and it was a perfect day. Sitting on the grassy bank with my girls, I thought about how wonderful my life is. I have everything. There is no reason for me to ever be unhappy, because I have everything I've ever wanted. I love my family so much and I'm so grateful for afternoons just like the one we spent at the creek together.


4 comments:

Sojo Varughese said...

nice way to spend summertime:)

Margaret said...

This is awesome! You do have such a sweet little family! :)

Amy said...

You're right, we should all count our blessings everyday!!

Lisa said...

The best days of my life were the times we spent hiking Stone Mountain. Every family needs a "nature's get-away" and I'm glad you found yours.